We Are Hiring: Associate Managing Director
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a rising arts leader to play a key role in shaping our development and identifying and meeting strategic goals. We are focusing our search on early career candidates with a vested interest in the mission of our company and an enthusiasm for artist and new play development within our community. This person is excited by the ground floor opportunity this position represents, specifically, the ability to forge a path for the company in tandem with their own career. The company will grow alongside their influence and salary. We seek a highly motivated self-starter, a creative problem solver excited to put their stamp on our future.
This post will begin as a part time position and become full-time on a timeline to be mutually agreed upon.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
· Translate artistic needs and values into business strategies and operating plans;
· Manage both day-to-day and long-range financial and organizational planning;
· Advance and expand fundraising efforts of a growing theatre company i.e. grant writing, prospecting, donor relations, planning and overseeing execution of fundraising events;
· Drive Board growth and development;
· Identify and implement administrative systems in tandem with company growth.
· 3+ years experience in the field (producing, managing, and/or fundraising) or a degree in Arts Management or Development preferred;
· Articulate and personable; able to communicate successfully with funders, donors, artists and other company stakeholders;
· Experience running a fundraising campaign;
· Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles;
· Strong budgeting skills;
· Ability to multitask, be flexible, and excel in a startup environment.